When you hear the word disciple, what comes to mind?
Maybe you think of the twelve disciples who tramped along behind Jesus through the Judean wilderness and the dusty streets of Jerusalem. Maybe you visualize their faces in a stained glass church window or in some old painting with little halos over their heads.
But here’s the question: When you hear the word disciple, do you think of yourself? Do you consider yourself a disciple of Jesus Christ? Do you know what it means to be one?
What does it mean to follow Christ as His disciple? Help everyone in your church understand, apply, and re-teach vital principles of the Christian life with this six-week study based on Greg Laurie’s book. No matter the age, spiritual maturity, or learning style of a group, LifeBibleStudy provides leaders convenient access to everything they need online and is designed for easy group facilitation so no leadership experience is necessary.
Start! To Follow: The Bible Study includes:
The 6-week study will follow this simple progression of a disciple’s personal relationship with God and with People.
A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
1. The Commitment – Discipleship is described as our commitment to Jesus and the Christian Life (ch 1)
2. The Life – As disciples, our lives of surrender are empowered by God’s commitment to us, through His Spirit (ch 2-3)
RELATING TO GOD
3. The Bible – Discipleship naturally means knowing and treasuring God’s Word (ch 4)
4. Prayer – Discipleship involves a conversation with God, prayerfully conforming our desires to His (ch 5)
RELATING TO PEOPLE
5. The Church – As disciples, we are a family that mutually benefits from building each other up (ch 6)
6. The World – As disciples, we get to share everything we’ve experienced by inviting others into relationship (ch 7-8)